This is a full-time position based out of our Corporate office in Bloomington, IL. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. We offer competitive salary, benefits, and paid time off.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Must have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g., Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX)
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in AWS
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Office 365
- Remote Monitoring and Management Software: ConnectWise
- Ticketing Software: ConnectWise
- IT Documentation Software: IT Glue
If you or someone you know is ready to be a part of our talented team of IT professionals, please contact Caitlin Knisley, at 309.661.7851 or by email at email@example.com.
Everyone at STL is always willing to help, with a wonderful, friendly attitude.
I would recommend STL to others! I have always found STL easy to work with, open to helping solve problems and willing to be proactive with IT.
They do a great job delivering the ‘WOW’ experience.