Senior Systems Engineer
STL is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer for our Business & Technology Solutions managed services provider business in Bloomington, IL.
- Manages and monitors all installed systems and infrastructure for the organization to be in line with company guidelines or SOP (standard operating procedure).
- Defines customers’ needs and functionality in a service development cycle.
- Assists in the coordination of various teams testing and evaluating for the development of design and its implementation of the best output.
- Installs, configures, and tests operating systems, application software, and system management tools.
- Ensures the highest level of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Implements warranty and support activities.
- Evaluates the existing systems and provides technical direction to IT support staff.
- Plans and implements system automation as required for better efficiency.
- Oversees the development of customized software and hardware requirement.
- Collaborates with other professionals to ensure high-quality deliverables within organization guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Deals with work process, optimization methods, and risk management tools in the given projects for successful accomplishments according to the requirements of the stakeholders.
- Must have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux-based environments.
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in AWS.
- Experience with virtualization (e.g., VMware, Hyper-V).
- Experience with monitoring systems.
- Experience with automation software is a plus.
- Basic networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).
If you or someone you know is ready to be a part of our talented team of IT professionals, please contact Tyler Eads, at 309.282.9675 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everyone at STL is always willing to help, with a wonderful, friendly attitude.
I would recommend STL to others! I have always found STL easy to work with, open to helping solve problems and willing to be proactive with IT.
They do a great job delivering the ‘WOW’ experience.